Brace yourselves for the holiday season. With it comes family gatherings, and body aches or pains from frenzied shopping. So how exactly can your neck, back, and mind prepare for the long lines and crowded places during the holidays? Below are some guidelines for those brave to withstand holiday shopping, especially on Black Friday:
- Stretch! You’d be surprised at the difference toe touching can make to your shopping trips
- Avoid wearing flip-flops! Very rarely do these contain arch support for your feet, which is the foundation for your back. Every body part works together!
- Eat a healthy meal! To avoid being tempted on buying junk food, don’t go shopping on an empty stomach.
- Take plenty of sitting breaks! Standing puts a lot of pressure on your back, so take some time to give your back a break.
- Stay hydrated! Drinking lots of water will keep you going
If you experience any back or body pain during your holiday shopping, feel free to give us a call! We’d be happy to get you back into the shopping game.